CNC Mill & Lathe
- Plans machining by studying shop orders, design drawings, engineering plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs Mill & Lathe by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up Mills & Lathes by installing and adjusting three/four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, stock pushers, and indicating vices.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to all regulatory standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing turning, drilling, threading, grooving, and cutting, including facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Inspect parts using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial calipers, depth gages, indicators and scales, according to manufactures spec.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to stand for long periods and be adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Must have knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, fixtures and other accessories used on various machines.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously.
- Proven problem-solving skills within a diverse workforce.
- Professionalism and detailed oriented.
- Minimum of 6 years in CNC machining for commercial/aerospace industries.
- Programming experience a plus (Gibbs Cam).
- Experience with operation of various machine shop equipment: Mill, Lath Saw, etc.
- Experience with CAD/CAM software ie. Gibbs, Master Cam, etc.
- Experience operating and maintaining machining equipment.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T, Metallurgy, ASME Standards, and G-code.
- Experience with general software (i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Requires the ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing.
Golden West Machine Offers a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package
Golden West Machine, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Golden West Machine, Inc., complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Golden West Machine, Inc., expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.